Monday, January 10, 2011

Nico Hueso: Awe-inspiring

From climbing the Great Wall to playing at the gorgeous Concert Hall in Xi'an with the KSU orchestra, China was an experience that will be forever ingrained in my life.  It was awe-inspiring to be surrounded by a culture that is thousands of years old. Performing to audiences that were so appreciative in our efforts as a western music ensemble was quite inspiring to me.  

Getting to see an actual Chinese orchestra was also quite a unique experience since most of the instruments used where foreign to most of us.  The way the ensemble performed deeply impacted me because I could sense elements of pride, joy, and also the human spirit. I also found that hearing and seeing the orchestra at the Central Conservatory in Beijing will not only make us better musicians but also enriched individuals throughout our life. I sense our orchestra at Kennesaw will be able to emote much more after our experiences in China and that will become evident to local audiences in our upcoming performances in the spring semester to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment