Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holly Botella: Counting the hours

We'll be boarding the buses to take us to the airport in less than 12 hours!  It's going to be extremely hard to sleep at all tonight.  I'm about to pack my suitcase while dancing around my apartment to whatever happens to be playing on 99.7 at the moment!  I'm so pumped for the trip!!!  We had our three pre-trip rehearsals this week and I think they went very well.  I'm absolutely amazed at the difference in sound of the orchestra between now and my freshman year, which was three years ago.  When I tell people where I go to school I realize that more and more people are beginning to notice the enormous growth of the music school at KSU.  I think this trip will not only help us to mature as young adults and musicians, but it will also be a great opportunity to get our name out there and be recognized internationally!  I'm anxious to meet the kids in the other orchestras in China.  We'll have a chance to interact with them on our trip.  I'll be interested to see how differently they perform/practice.  It's hard to say exactly what to expect until I actually get there.  I really have no idea, except that I know I'll have a great time and it will be a life-changing experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment