Friday, December 24, 2010

Levi Cull: One week to go!

The trip is now seven days away!!! As this day gets closer I’m getting more and more excited. Since the semester got out I’ve been doing nothing but preparing, such as: looking over my music, practicing, listening to reference recordings (such as our performance), and figuring out what I am going to bring with me on this trip. It is really starting to sink in to me that I will soon be a world traveler and see other parts of this beautiful world. There are many places on Earth that I would like to see, and going to China is only the beginning!
           
Next week we'll be rehearsing for a couple days before we leave for the trip. In these rehearsals, we will be going over all the music that we will be performing for Chinese audiences, all the music we have previously played this past semester. As long as everyone has been practicing, the music should come together very easily. On the contrary, these rehearsals could go south quickly if the opposite is true. But, I am very confident in my fellow musicians. No one in the orchestra wants to make himself or herself or our school look bad. For that reason, we will do the best that we can to have stellar performances in China!

No comments:

Post a Comment